Friday, October 29, 2010

Not For You to Take

Pardon my ignorance
But, dear, I must say
You're looking quite ravishing
Your eyes brighter than ever
That glow that seeps
Through the skin of yours and mine
I'm afraid I have lost myself
In a world that's of your time
Lovely and delicate
Your words do so catch
Astonishingly intricate
But who are you, if I may ask
You walk through a daydream
Like it's nothing to you
What is your business?
Are you here to amuse?
When the sun sleeps for me
And the stars come out to sing
Those misguided steps
They're here for me to see
We dance and frolic
'Til the sunlight's array
Careful and trusted
For together, we are made
My memories deceive me
I believe in only lies
The tango we compete in
Are merely tempted tries
Sadly, but truthfully
You are better than awake
If to close one's eyes
Is to open one's dreams
Then leave me to slumber
For you are not what it seems
I'll love you by midnight
But surely you will leave
I'll search through the sunlight
It is your touch that I crave
Why rob me of perception?
If all you do is hurt?
Please, show me your beauty
I really know not what's worse

...For someone I know nothing of,
Why are you still here?
You're becoming a burden to me, sir.

-Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment