Friday, October 15, 2010

No Title

"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abe Lincoln (1809-1865)

It may be a cliche quote, but this really hit the spot for me. I apologize for such a depressing post yesterday (although, I may just be talking to myself here). When I heard this not too long after I published my last post, I realized how much I'm throwing away. Ok, sure, I suppose I can't always be who I want to be based on what I see in other people. That's the problem, and that's why I can't be other people...because I'm not. Don't take me for an egotistical person, but people once envied me because I was just trying to be the best I, [insert name here], can be. It's all different now because I tried so hard to stand out even more and get more people to want to be me that I became everyone else. Make sense? I guess not, but in my head it does. In other words, I became a person who wasn't my true self.

I know this may be such a typical post, but I finally realized how good it feels to come to the conclusion that being yourself is the best way to go. If I want to be a better person, then so be it, but don't change WHO YOU ARE. I tried to be a rich person. I tried to be a business woman. I tried to be serious. I'm not any of those. I'm middle class. I'm an English major who loves to create things from my mind, not through negotiation. I'm a wreck. That's who I am. Who are you?

I need to learn how to turn things around starting now. I guess I can start by cleaning my place up. Hey, it's a start. Physical well-being can lead to a healthy mindset. So cleaning cleans me. That was stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment